Category: Pet Care
There are many types of pets you can adopt, from the most common (dogs and cats) to the more exotic, like snakes and tarantulas. Here are some Tips to protect your pet,
1. Avoid constant load: Try to resist this temptation, because your body is very delicate. If you do, first placed a hand on his back and one on the chest, lift it with both hands and hold it close to your body so you feel safe.
2. Schedule for your needs: Establish a regular routine of feeding ; if it is a dog, take it out for a walk frequently to make their needs, especially when you wake up. If you see him walking in circles or whining near the door, are confident that need to be outdoors quickly signs. For cats, remember that they defecate in the sand, which must be changed every 5 days.
3. Take care of your health: Regular brushing is essential for young dogs, because it removes dead hair, dirt and parasites ; it stimulates the blood supply to the skin , which creates a healthier coat and shiny. It uses special equipment for this action.
As for the bathroom, do it only when you need it, because too many washes can remove essential oils from the skin , making it duller and less waterproof. To do this, use a bathtub or shower, warm water and a quality shampoo. Rub, trying not to get water in your eyes and ears. Dry it thoroughly with a towel and make sure your pet is completely dry.
4. Monitors your teeth and chewing: To help out all teeth and stop biting furniture, your puppy will need some indestructible object such as a rubber bone or ball to chew. Make sure these products are sized so that not to swallow. Avoid real bones as they can splinter and suffocate. To control tartar and plaque, it is advisable to nourish it with a dry food because it will help loosen the teeth and accelerate the process of teething. If your puppy’s mouth is very sensitive, softens water by dipping it first meal.
Recent studies have supported the idea that living with pets is a good thing for children and the elderly , both psychologically and health, as the babies grow up with a pet at home do freer from allergies. However, one of the most important barriers that we find when we are thinking about adopting a pet is cleanliness. If we follow some simple guidelines in daily cleaning taking into account the needs of the animal , we will not have any problems and we and our children can enjoy their company.
Ways to maintain a clean house with pets,
Creales a place to sleep and in the case of cats, a place to relieve themselves as clean as possible, no carpets on materials or fabrics that can be easily washed in a place other than transit (cats like to have privacy) and you can aerate well.
Do not give food or drink in the kitchen and avoid the continued presence of animals in this space to avoid stop “remains” (hair, drool, rust …) that may cause cross contamination. Especially must be kept out while cooking and not let entering this space toys or playthings.
Neither should be regulars of bedrooms and beds , and is especially advisable not assign a space to sleep in these environments.
Keep your pets clean, but without exaggeration, because it may deteriorate the protective mantle of the skin and a rebound effect that favors odor or hair loss occur.
• Select the soil surface is easy to clean and do better to nail the front dog .
• Do not delay cleaning. The dirt is easier to clean when fresh, and is less likely to leave a permanent stain.
• Do not use cleaners containing ammonia, because the smell is like urine.
• Uses a dog odor neutralizer based enzymes to remove urine odor you’ll find in pet stores or drugstores.
• Concentrate on the areas where odors are hiding. Places where the dog sleeps, eats and plays can create foul odors. Thoroughly clean these areas at least twice a week.
Learn to detect diseases: Often, you think your pet is not feeling well and a quick visit to the vet will help you confirm that something is not working correctly. Symptoms include loss of appetite, rejection of water, decrease or sudden increase in weight , slowness or refusal to play, frequent or rare, bloody or soft, vomiting , excessive salivation or breathing irregular.
Train him: Nobody likes a disobedient and uncontrolled dog, so to adopt it can start with your workout. One of the first things you should do is recognize your name. Use it as often as you can to get your attention: when you congratulate yourself as you feed.
Identify it: Accustom your dog to wear a soft early on collar. After a while, add a short leash and light and lose yourself in it without pulling it for a few days. The aim is to accustom him to walk with you without pulling. If you run, or delayed, a gentle tug is all you need to do. Stay close to him to not feel like loose.
Travel with your pet: Life can be very complicated if your dog used to traveling by car. First, accustom to make small paths 5-10 minutes on alternate days, and gradually increases journey times until you feel comfortable.
Here are some Tips for Maintaining Dogs,
1 . If he is aggressive consult an expert to determine the causes of aggression.
2 . Let chew something suitable. Specialty stores will provide you with bones, toys … will avoid to bite things we do not want (furniture, doors …)
3 . Follow recommendations to educate your dog, start with simple things: sit, lie, give them small rewards (food) if you obey your instructions.
4 . If you must punish him do so immediately after committing the foul.
5 . Be rigorous in vaccines, care and instructions from your veterinarian in general. Extreme cleaning and do not let young (and older) have contact with the mouth (transmission of worms). Calendar of vaccines
6 . Be on time to give her appropriate to their age and size meals. We do not advise to give in when prompted food out of hours (to hear or smell our food). Do not allow food theft.
7 . Do not punish him for barking, but try to correct the tendency inevitable choice.
8 . You need the presence of their owners. It suffers, if you have prolonged periods of solitude. Treat it with care and affection.
9 . Have proper and regular cleaning habits.